MPO Patch Cords are the most economic multifiber cable that OptoSpan offers. Because these cables can combine up to 144 fibers in a single MPO cable assembly. It greatly reduces the overall cost and setup time for even the most complex fiber optic networks. These MPO cables feature Plenum rated insulation. Which is designed to be more fire retardant than standard cables. Which therefore will emit sufficiently less smoke than ordinary fiber optic cables.
OptoSpan’s Plenum MPO patch cords are designed to meet building regulations for fire resistant cabling. Because of this, these cables are the ideal choice to be installed in the inner walls and ceilings of buildings rather than standard cables. Plenum rated cables are designed to be fire resistant, as a result produce far less smoke in contrast to other cables. Need cables that require floor or outside installations? Riser or armored jackets may be a better solution. OptoSpan offers a full line of MPO patch cords in riser and armored jackets.
Each MPO patch cord may also be paired with additional protection from various other jackets. To increase durability and utility, plenum MPO patch cords are also offered in armored jackets. Armored jackets allow for installation around tight corners. As well as hazardous environments. Armored MPO patch cords are ideal for harsh environments. Including, gas, moisture, animals and where other potentially damaging elements exist.
MPO Patch Cords Available Configurations:
- Internal Fiber Count: 8 to 144 fiber strands per cable assembly
- Internal Fiber Configurations: 12×1, 12×2, 12×4, 12×6, 12×8, 12×12, 24×1, 24×2, 24×3, 24×4, 24×6
- Connectors: MPO Connector
- Gender: Pinned (Male), Non-Pinned (Female)
- Cable Assembly Lengths: 1 to 150 meter
- Ferrule Polish: UPC (standard) or APC (angled)
- Modes: OS2, OM2, OM3, OM4
- Insulation: Plenum (OFNP)
- Terminated and tested in a ISO 14000 (Class 7) quality controlled clean room.
- Each cable assembly comes with its own serial number, diagram, and certified test report.
- Complimentary design and configuration assistance provided by experts to assure precise polarity and termination.
- Five different types of jackets – Standard, Plenum, Bend Insensitive, SteelPatch Armored, and SteelFlex Armored.
OM4 Multimode MPO trunk cables feature 50/125 micron core cladding diameter. These MPO to MPO Plenum rated cables are optimized for 40G fiber optic networks. In addition, OM4 is fully backward compatible for 10G OM3 applications. However OM4 rated fiber provides benefits over OM3. See OM4 fiber key advantages.
Multimode OM3 fiber MPO patch cords provide a superior upgrade to high speed networking. These MPO patch cords carry high performance premium MPO to MPO connectors for low-loss networking with fire-retardant insulation for specific low-smoke cabling requirements.
Multimode OM2 fiber Plenum MPO patch cords carry up to 144 fibers in 12 or 24 fiber configurations. These Plenum rated MPO to MPO patch cords are ideal for OM2 networks to contain twice the distance capacity of OM1 fibers with low-smoke insulated fire-retardant cabling requirements.
Plenum single-mode OS2 MPO fiber cables featuring 9/125 micron fiber core/cladding diameter are designed to carry higher bandwidth than multimode fibers. These plenum rated fiber cables are insulated with fire-retardant Plenum rated insulation for low-smoke cabling requirements, as well as premium MPO to MPO connectors for low loss networking.